Family, Humor, Psychology, Life

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Rules

I read an article today on psychology.com that said that those who blog out of anger or frustration are doing themselves more harm than good. Really?!? Cause I'm pretty sure that at then end of this entry, I will feel loads better.

Right now she is yelling at me. To clean up after everyone is done eating. Why am I not eating you may ask? Because I am sick to my stomach. My probation officer (we'll talk about that at a later date) just left my house at 7:30pm. She has been here since 6:45pm. Talking to me? No. Talking to the Tribunal. Why? Because I smoke.

In this house it's all about rules right? Wrong. It's about convenience. When you need them use them, by all means fire away! When you don't enforce them and someone breaks the rules- put it in your back pocket as ammo for a later date.

Red is spending his Spring Training down in the same city my parents live in. So naturally he called my mom to ask if it was okay to stay there for about 6 weeks. Mom said she didn't have a problem as long as it was okay with dad. So dad called the next day and told Red that he was more than welcome to stay as long as he obeyed the following RULES
They are as follows:
1)No ungodly hours
2)No alcohol (there are 2 minors living in the house)
3) No parties/strange people roaming about
4) Your girlfriend has to stay in a hotel
5)My mom doesn't cook, so DIY- take-out or cook

These are very simplistic basic courtesies you would observe wherever you go. However, these "rules" are a problem for him. Not because he can't obey them, but because they were imposed on him to begin with. So he has resigned himself to looking for temporary housing (that's another post in and of itself). So Red feels he is above the "rules" of my mother's house and has made it into a big production.

Everything here is a big production. Which is why they called my probation officer. To see if perhaps she could test my urine for nicotene? Seriously?? (I'm trying very hard to take deep calming breaths right now). She asked if my Probation Officer would violate my probation for her if I broke one of her house rules. Mainly-smoking. I'm just wondering if maybe she could keep a chart or list of her rules and the times it is okay to break them and the times it is not.

Excuse me while I go hide in the hall closet and scream into a pillow.

No comments:

Post a Comment